Thursday, February 14, 2008

logmein rules

ok, I was looking for a tool to remote control my work computer for 3 months now. So what has been the problem, you ask? The problem is, my work computer's ip address is blocked by a firewall, and if the firewall blocks every signals sending from that computer as well. I tried many free softwares, hacked a bunch commercial software that claims connection from any place even behind a firewall. None succeeded. Then I found a solution:

www.logmein.com

which has a free version. The holy grail is that it allows you to control your computer throught your WEB BROWSER. holy shit, web browsers use port 80 of your internet ports, which firewalls never block if they allow you to surf.

now it is all set. install a host agent on your work computer, and from home you log in to their website and you are in full control!

Happy V-day.

No comments: