Monday, November 13, 2006

Christian camp

The place I went to last weekend is called Mukuonago, WI. The car I sat in has five people, and
the six hour road trip was not too bad, for me it's just loops of sleep, wakeup and sleep. I went camping with the same group of people this summer, which was scary. We six people shared a tent, then it rained hard, then the tent began to float, then water got in. Then we contacted with some people and got arranged to sleep on the floor in a random building. The frog in the bathroom also seemed scary too. Ok, going with the same group of people absolutely brought up the scary memory. However, this time everything was not so bad, besides no heating and snoring. I did learn a lot:

1. Suffering, death and resurrection. Most of people just want the resuccrection part and forget about the other two parts. In times of suffering and tests, endurance is critical.

2. The parables of ten talents in Matthew. You get your talents according to your ability, and you have to make them grow instead of just storing them. If you don't know how to multiply them, just putting them to bank is ok. Relating to faith, I thought it might mean our faith has to grow, if I don't know how, then just go to church.

No comments: