Wednesday, April 09, 2008

tornado.. and my roof

Haven't blogged for a while, after I lost my stolen wifi in my bedroom. There were two errors in my previous sentences: 1. I can't use "my" before the word "stolen", if it is stolen, it is not MINE; 2. if it's not mine, there is no way to "lost". Anyway, let's forget about philosophy for a while.

My blog is officially pulled off from my facebook, which should be one of the major events of facebook history. just kidding. I found my blog too rated R, which might mislead some innocent kids. BE PREPARED! my blog reader, if you find some harsh words in my future blog, just install a mute button plz.

episode 1.
----------------------
If you meet me on street during one of these days, and ask "was up?" I would answer,
"Fine. My roof has fallen."

Yes, the roof of my living room was fallen. And this is not a joke.

Before I explain, let's revert back to 3 years ago, in 2005. In Jackson MS, when Katrina came, there was no power, no food, no gas in the whole city. The day when Katrina reached Jackson, Dr. Tu, one of my coworker, was still working in the office.
This is a well kept joke in my lab now. We are still wondering how he came to the office when there was no gas. And the day Katrina came, one of my other cowork called the office to check if anybody was there. To her surprise, Dr. Tu answered,

"What's up?"


episode 2.
------------------------
Several days ago, during work I was running computer programs, while chatting online. Then my workers came and told me "Tian, there is a tornado caming, let's shutting down the computers and go downstairs."

"Ok." or I should have said "roger that". Just a random day of my life in Jackson. If you want surprise with a dose of disaster, come to Jackson.

"You see, the trees are moving." My coworker added.



episode 3.
-------------------------

So nothing happened...yet. On that night, I drove to a Bible study. On my way all the traffic nights were off. It was a mess.

During my sleep on that night, I was awaken by some noise in my living room. Well dreamed, I was toooooo lazy to get up to check. I thought it was some thief. "Take whatever you want," I murmured, "But I will beat you up if you wake me up".

The second morning, when I get up for a shower. TO MY SURPRISE, the roof of my living room was fallen!!!

Welcome to the real world, where roofs are not neccesarily on top. Like man is not necessarily always on top, woman can too.

No comments: