Saturday, September 29, 2007

bouncing around

hi, blog, I am typing on my professor's laptop in a small living room located in a big city -- San Fransisco. I can't type very fast because of tons of pop-ups and ads and virus. Yes, this computer is infected, I have to say. I didn't click on something, trust me. But anyway, I NEED to fix this computer before going back to school.

As some people know, I passed my Ph.D. defense on last Tuesday. After that, I drank too much and sleep too much, so I didn't have time to blog about it. Yes, the defense was fine. It was 1:30pm in the afternoon right after lunch. 20 minutes into my presentation, I almost fell into asleep, while still talking. Then I noticed 3 of the 4 professors have already closed their eyes and slept.. Yes I know it's boring..Then 40 minutes later they woke up and start shooting tons of harsh questions to me. Still brain-cooked, I failed to answer half of them. But thanks God, I still passed the exam. Then we went for beer afterwards. Then I played DotA til 4 am. Then I got up, prepare for the interview due the next day. Then I flew to Dallas/Fort Worth.

The interviews was ok. Guys, there are tooooo many old people in Texas, as I noticed. The company I visited has only 13 people. Geez, Ocean's 13 almost. And they are all in their 40s and 50s, "mid-career" as they called themselves. Still writing computer codes, they somewhat scared me by the boredom of their career life. "Well, i am not sure I want to devote my life to computer codes", I said to myself. But besides that, they are cool people selling cool products.

Then I flew to San Fransisco to meet my wife who I have not seen for 1 and half month. 11:30pm I arrived at her apartment, still in suites. Seeing her walking closer, I felt the moment when we first met came back again. When I saw her, I noticed that I missed her.

No comments: