Monday, September 24, 2007

moving out

creepy, my landlord found out that i have rent one bedroom to others. so what's the problem? The problem is, in the rent handbook page 123 line 23 written in a fine print such such, meaning i am not supposed to do this.
I was asked to go to a court, state what is happening, and then fined 70 dollars/month.

too much, my roommates decided to move out, and they did. So i got a chance to drive a huge UHaul truck and helped them move out.

Will i still live there? the problem is, i don't know how long i am gonna live there. My advisor offered me a job here, but being a postdoc won't get me anywhere close to san fransisco. life is confusing right now. Will my advisor hate me if i get a job somewhere else without notifying him? No, no, no, tian, you should think what is your most needed right now and go for it. If I can not help yourself, how can I help others? or do I want to?

Talking to people is the most important skill, i realized, not write some who-knows-what codes. It's the human communication makes the society working and money circulating, not some damn-ass computer codes I have spent five years on. seriously. I talk to everybody in our department now, secretary, professors, janitors. Tian, if you grasp the art of talking, you will become the man!

The most confused renter, that is me, because I don't know how long i am gonna live here.

No comments: