Friday, September 21, 2007

sally's

As a tradition of our lab, we go to sally's for a drink after someone get a degree. So we did yesterday after Ryan's Ph. D. defense. Yes, my defense will be on next Tuesday. Farewell, my student life! The five years that I have spent in graduate school in U of M contain a lot of highlights, some of them are "wet".

1. During my TA exam, ie, I taught a class and let the graders to see if I am able to do it well. I was teaching physics, something like Newton's law. So I pulled out a rubber-band and prepared to do a little experiment in front of the whole class and graders. However, instead of saying "rubber-band", I said "rubber". RUBBER, "Here is a rubber" "you pull it and it expands" something like that. There was one grader starting laughing, and another one has terrified expression on her face.

2. Faith. Bible gave me moral value and standards which now I treasure a lot. When I was in China, what I pursue was personal satisfaction and success. I did what I can until being punished for doing wrong. Life would have been dangerous if I kept that way of doing.


sry, I can't focus on the topic. And now that I am married, I should not have life freedom any more. Next Tuesday, my Ph. D. final defense. Next Friday, Texas Fort Worth interview, Next Saturday, meet my wife.

No comments: