Monday, November 19, 2007

answering phone

I was looking for an apartment in Jackson yesterday, and found plenty of them on google map. Even though it was a Sunday, I still called a number. A woman answered,

"Hidgeland apartments, how may I help you?"
"Can I ask for the price for a one-br?" I said.
"I don't have any information about the apartments, this is just an answering service." She said.
"errr, ok. But can I ask some generous question about the neighborhood?"
"I don't have any information sir, please call management tomorrow. This is an answering service." She answered.
...

Is she a robot? She must be a black-accent disguised automated answer machine. Then I found the neighborhood data on city-data.com, to find in the zip code area 75% population is black and 27 sex offenders reported this year in that neighborhood. Then I found a nicer area and still looking for an apartment.

2007 Chevy Cobalt LS, 29k miles, $195 per month for 72 months, 0 down. Deal or not deal?

2002 Kia Spectra, 59k miles, $4900, can be financed. Carfax shows an accident in 2004 with damage cost over $500. Front bumper covered with plastic. Am I too cheap?

Maybe I will go for the first one. Any suggestions?

No comments: