Thursday, November 01, 2007

job interviews

I have been through 3 job interviews, not all of them were fun though. They deserve a blog post. There might be some criticism and show-off, which should not be viewed as proud.

The first interview was at Fort Worth, Texas. It was horrible, and I had made every possible mistake during the interview. Long story short, basically I talked too much. Speaking of personality, how could people want more of you if they already know everything about you. So I changed my strategy accordingly in the latter interviews: I talked when it was necessary, and everything I talked had some relation to landing the job. Yes I talked too much, from the weather of Minnesota to the fact that there are some bugs flying inside my TV tube. Everything. So I fall into the "too nice but thanks" category. By the way, I lied during my presentation at the interview and caught right on spot, and I thought the secretary has a nice ass and stared at her ass at every single chance. The interview was supposed to finish at 4 pm. But at 3pm they all left with a "nice to meet you but has to go for Friday". I knew I was done.

After nights of insomnia, repent and tears, I went to the supercomputing institute for an interview about a supercomputing consultant job. It a user-support job. This time I treated as an exam and had a score of myself in mind. So I did not blow it this time. But God it was such a long day, eight different people interviewed me on one on in turn, with basically the same questions. I collapsed after I walked home. Yesterday they asked me for an extra interview on next Monday because "I live here so it is convenient"as she said. I don't know if it's a good sign, but I have to go there on more time.

So I was excited about the supercomputing job and smiled even during sleep, as if I was in my first love. In this unrealistic mood, I went to Jackson, Mississippi for another interview. I didn't really want this job, but I don't want to miss a chance either. So I was polite, a little distant during the interview, until he said that he offered me a job with well payment and benefits. Then I realized this is for real. So right now I am still confused, money or my first love?

I came back to Minneapolis yesterday. On the Halloween night, an African girl walked up to me and asked me if I want to sleep with her. God, speaking of offer, thanks, but no thanks. (I hope my wife wouldn't read this but I swear nothing happens).

No comments: