Tuesday, November 13, 2007

moving

So I decided to take the research associate job at Jackson state university in Mississippi. As a foreigner, aerospace engineer goes nowhere, so this is a chance to do a career transition, as I will do research on Hurricane on the new job. It's a pain to relocate and leave my friends, but life permits changes, isn't it?

I miss the Friday nights at the rock church. The first persons I met I believe are Sarah S., Christine, Lane and Gina. Then the salsa dance, then the Christmas ball, when Christine told me we didn't have to hold hands, oh this person got character I thought. Then Will came back from Israel, then the retreat to his cabin. Then Karl invited Yuejian and me to his home for Thanksgiving dinner. I thought I might have been in Minnesota forever, but I am tired of being poor.

People have to have something in common to be together, say 3 years. What we have in common is that we believe in God and the desire to communicate with each other. So we did. I have made many decisions during the five years, I hope this one will be a right one. At least I hope it will do good to my career. Getting too used to the U of M campus makes me not want to do anything, I hope moving to a new place will make me read more Bible and eager more.

About a month ago I experience a sudden heath danger at midnight. I didn't know what it was wrong: I felt dizzy for 5 minutes and it stopped before I decided to call ambulance. Since then I realize that everything has an end. If I will die tomorrow, the struggles I have today will seem ridiculous. Take it easy, I will leave Minneapolis and have a new start.

At the new place, I will rent an apartment, buy a new car, make new friends. I will use this blog as a journal.

2 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

Tian, we're really going to miss you...

Tian said...

Christine, that's the sweetest farewell, thank you!

I need to find other topics besides leaving and my own life, do you have any suggestions?