Sunday, December 09, 2007

"cups" coffee shop

My friend google map told me that there are only 2 starbucks in the whole city, and the closest one is 6 miles away from my place. So I have to switch from my favorite coffee shop to a local force, "the Cups" coffee shop. It has broadband internet, great!! A cup of small coffee is only 1.22 dollar, compared to Starbucks' 1.66. I am sitting in it right now, typing on my computer. There are alot of students here, and I guess most of them are from Belhaven college, a school very close by. I will come here often.


This morning I went to a chinese church. The experience was fine. I learnt a message: don't forsake anything God grants you, for example your name as the oldest son. Yes Lord, I can throw away anything that's earned by me, but dare not throw away those given by you. Only you can take those away. My name as the oldest son of my parents, my name as a husband, and my name as a research associate, these are given by you, not by my own effort. Amen.

This afternoon I went to a christmas carol. Good experience. Good sign I begin to make friends.

No comments: