Wednesday, December 05, 2007

second life

Today I have a feeling that I actually growed up, at the age of almost 26. Today TV CNBC has news about a computer game "second life", which caught my interest since not my computer games go into news section of a big TV channel. 


Check this out secondlife.com

It's a 3D cyber-world which you actually live there: you buy clothes, pay bill and can actually get a full-time job in the game. You are paid by $L which you can cash out into US dollars, that means you can open your business and make money. Indeed, a lot of people has done that. Many big real companies have settled "branches" in the game, like Nissan has put their new Sentra in the game. You can buy land, build home and sell it like real business. Besides all these jazz, to be honest a big part of people join the game for cyber-sex related stuff.

Wait, I still don't get it. Why people spend so much time in a fake world for fun? Is the real world really this boring? I believe I have spent too much time fucking my computer, so I just walk away from this game. 

If I have a second life, I want to be a trader who make trades of future commodity, stocks and forex, while playing poker. That would be fun.   

No comments: